When was Summit School established?
Summit School was established in 2001.
Where is Summit School Located?
The Summit School campus is located on six and one half acres, nestled in the community of Ahwatukee which is an urban village of Phoenix, Arizona. Our campus is just east of South Mountain and West of Chandler. We are roughly one mile west of the I-10 on Chandler Boulevard.
What grades are offered at Summit School?
Summit School serves students from preschool through eighth grade.
Does Summit School offer financial aid?
Yes. A Summit School education is an important investment in your child’s future. Summit School’s needs-based tuition assistance program helps families provide an exceptional, independent private school education for their children. The process of applying for financial aid is confidential. Please contact our admissions office for more info.
Is Summit Accredited?
Yes. Our Preschool is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Summit’s Preschool has also received a 5-Star rating from Quality First. Our Elementary and Middle School are Nationally Accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), a division of AdvancED®.
- 2020-2021: 270 students in preschool through eighth grade
- 44% students of color: African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Asian-American, Middle Eastern American, and multiracial children
- 48% of Summit students benefit from the Arizona Private School Tax Credit Program
- 95% passing rate–Summit 4th and 8th graders on Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) 2018 Science Test
- 86th percentile – Summit 3rd – 8th graders ranked nationally on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills
Are tours of the campus available?
Yes! We love giving tours of our amazing campus as we believe it’s the absolute best way for prospective families to see what our school is all about. You can schedule a tour today by clicking here!
Do the students have to wear uniforms?
No. Our students are not required to wear uniforms. We do have a dress code that is provided to each enrolled family.
How much is tuition at Summit School?
Please refer to our Tuition and Fees page for the most recent financial information.
What are some of the highlights of your campus?
Facilities include spacious classrooms equipped with SMART boards or smart TVs, two science labs, two art studios, an IDEA Lab, a music room, a playground dedicated to preschool, a communal playground, a sport court and playing field for elementary and middle school, a multi-purpose room with a performance stage, and a robotics lab.
How many students are enrolled at Summit School?
Summit’s current enrollment is approximately 270 students in preschool through eighth grade.
- Preschool: 18 month – 5 year-olds (independent toileting skills)
- Elementary: Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Middle School: Sixth through Eighth Grade
Off to high school
Our graduates often attend the following high schools:
- Brophy College Preparatory
- Valley Christian Schools
- Xavier College Preparatory High School
- Corona del Sol High School
- Desert Vista High School
- Hamilton High School
- Peggy Payne Academy
- Seton Catholic Prepatory
- Tempe Preparatory Academy