Welcome to Summit School
My favorite part of every day at Summit is watching eager students being stretched to learn and grow into their best selves by our expert teachers. A close second are the high-fives, fist bumps, or shouts of “hey, Mr. B!” I get to hear each day from students. They are a reminder that nurturing relationships are the heart of the partnership between Summit educators and parents to support our students’ intellectual, social and emotional development. These relationships help us equip students with the knowledge, skills and values they need to thrive in the classroom–and in life. Experiencing learning as a joyful process of discovery is a hallmark of the Summit Experience and prepares them for a future that will be filled with rapid change and continuous learning. Taking on problems with creative and innovative solutions will be essential to the future—one that starts now. We look forward to connecting with you to share next generation private education at Summit School!
Mark Bistricky, Head of School
We are a courageous community of visionary leaders, expert teachers and family partners, empowering learners who are creative problem solvers, skilled communicators, and practiced collaborators, dedicated to serving others. Summit School is a thought and practice leader in challenging, applied, content mastery, and social-emotional growth. Our rigorous curriculum and supportive environment builds the foundation for students of character to pursue lives of meaning, purpose, and passion.
Summit equips creative innovators by providing a safe and joyful place for preschool through eighth grade students to discover and achieve their full potential. We are a dynamic community with a culture that fosters relationships among students, teachers, parents and alumni to promote:
• A cutting-edge, rigorous, integrated curriculum focused on academic core mastery and 21st century skills, including creative problem solving, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and leadership needed to thrive.
• Students who cultivate an intrinsic love of learning through academic experience that meets personal and differentiated needs, and produces life-long learners.
• The development of social-emotional and character skills such as self-discipline, integrity, resilience, community.
• An environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity, independent thinking, and creative problem solving.
• Practices and policies are rooted in the most current research.
• A professional learning community in which all members engage in continuous learning.
• Enthusiastic participation of students, staff and parents, as we sustain supportive relationships that enrich the experience and learning environments of our students.
• Students who are global-thinkers and world changers through innovative education and future thinking.
We're preparing today's students for the future. We harbor creative innovators by providing a safe space for our students to take risks.
Our students learn and discover through an entrepreneurial lens. Summit fosters a true love of learning
Our academic excellence transcends test scores. Our students are flexible problem solvers who think outside the textbook.
We cultivate an environment of accountability through collaboration and discipline. Our students want to make a difference in the world.
Don't let all the fun we have at our school fool you. Our students and faculty work hard both inside and outside of the classroom.
Average Class Size
Graduate College by 24