Openings at Summit School
Click on the job posting below to learn more about the opportunities available at Summit School
Start Date: ASAP
Work Hours: Part Time
Rate of Pay: $12/hr
Reports To: Facilities Manager
SUMMARY: Performs routine daily tasks that occur during the school day to include but not limited to cleaning, disinfecting and light maintenance. Other duties as assigned.
- Inspect and clean all access points and walkways for safe and clear passage
- Respond to immediate cleaning requirements DURING the school day
- Performs minor maintenance throughout the school
- Wipe down counters and desks
- Restock paper towels in classrooms
- Sweep, mop, and polish floors
- Vacuum and clean carpets
- Move furniture and equipment
- Sweep walkways, pick up paper and trash
- Secure rooms upon completion of work
- Detailed summer cleaning
- Empty and clean all trash and recycle containers
- Set up furniture and equipment needed for special events, meetings, and classes
- Clean and restock restrooms
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Maintenance and/or custodial experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Substitute Teacher – Preschool through 8th Grade
Start Date: School Year – Ongoing
Work Hours: As scheduled by school
Rate of Pay: $100 (School Day of 7 hours or more) or $12.50 per hour
We are seeking dynamic and experienced Substitute Teachers to join our unique Summit community! We also have opportunities for substitute teaching in our specials classes; Spanish, Physical Education, Science, Technology, Art, Music and Library (Knowledge Center).
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred in Education) or specific to Special Area of Class
- Two years teaching experience (preferred)
- Arizona State Teaching Certificate or Substitute Teaching certificate
- Current IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
Interested in Joining the Summit Family?
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Summit, please submit your cover letter and resume to Cassandra Cutright.