Who is Summit PTO?
The Summit PTO is the parent teacher organization at Summit School. The PTO is comprised of parent volunteers and teacher representatives. As a parent of a child attending Summit School, you are a member of the PTO. The PTO relies on parent volunteers to plan and organize all of its programs and events. The possibilities for involvement are varied, flexible, and manageable to allow our families to feel connected to the heart of our school. Our community needs your gift of time, talent, and support to ensure the success of the parent teacher organization. There are numerous volunteer opportunities available to you: serving on the PTO board, chairing a committee, working on a committee, volunteering at an event, helping in the Knowledge Center and classrooms, and more. Would you like to help and you aren’t sure how? The PTO will help you find a way to fulfill your minimum 10-hour Summit volunteer time requirement in a way that accommodates your schedule.
The mission of Summit PTO is to enrich the educational experiences of Summit School through a close partnership among families, administration, and teachers.
What does Summit PTO do?
- Sponsors local and national visiting authors and experts.
- Funds the Knowledge Center by hosting two annual book fairs.
- Staffs the K-3 library classes with parent volunteers.
- Recognizes the amazing Summit staff through multiple staff appreciation events.
- Provides the school with additional professional development funds for Summit’s teachers.
- Sponsors the end of the year water days for Preschool and K-8.
- Works with Parent Partners and Teachers.
- Organizes and sponsors Back to School Night, Back to School Coffees, Family Fun Nights, Trunk or Treat, and more!
Parents are welcome to attend monthly Summit PTO meetings. They will be held at 8:30 a.m. via Zoom until further notice, Meeting dates are as follows: 9/3, 10/1, 11/5, 12/3, 1/14, 2/4, 3/4, and 5/6.
Volunteer of the Month
Teachers nominate parent volunteers to be entered into a monthly drawing. Winners receive access to the Volunteer of the Month parking space, a Summit Swag Bag and recognition at Morning Meeting.
Keep an Eye Out for the PTO
Please stay tuned for bi-weekly email newsletters from Summit PTO and Summit School. These newsletters will highlight upcoming events and provide you with information about PTO programs and volunteer opportunities.