NEXT GENERATION MIDDLE SCHOOL
Summit Middle School equips students for high school and successfully navigating adolescence through a rigorous STEAM-based curriculum that develops both students’ intellect and character. Nurturing relationships with caring teachers and peers create a culture of safety and respect to support student growth. Our Middle School environment stimulates intellectual curiosity, independent thinking and creative problem solving. Students develop social and emotional skills to become secure, well-adjusted young people prepared to make good life choices.
Highlights of the Middle School curriculum include:
- Graduates complete one or two years of high school math. This math preparation begins with differentiated instruction in fifth and sixth grade. Seventh graders student either Pre-Algebra or Algebra, and eighth graders complete Algebra or Geometry. Middle School math classes meet six times per week.
- Science lab class
- Separate language arts and literature classes
- Social Studies class
- Spanish class
- Separate “specials” classes for fifth graders in: Technology, Visual Arts, Music, Physical Education
- Sixth through eighth graders choose one elective per quarter to explore a new interest and broaden their horizons:
- Visual Art
- Sabrecat Band: Middle School rock band for musicians and signers of all levels
- Culinary Arts
- Forensics / Speech
- Physical Education
- Coding and Game Design
Programs unique to Summit such as C.A.R.E. (Character and Respect Education), S.E.R.V.E. (Summit Excellence Reflected in Volunteer Experience) and ROPES (Rite of Passage Experience) challenge students to be responsible respectful leaders who strive to set and achieve goals throughout their Middle School experience.