The ultimate expression of generosity is not in giving of what you have, but in giving of who you are… Summit is fortunate to have a wonderful group of parents and extended families that support our students, teachers and the Summit Community. Parents share their time, treasure, and talents with Summit students and staff.
The Summit School of Ahwatukee Parent Organization is known as BEST, which stands for Building Educational Success Together. All parents and guardians of students attending Summit are members of BEST.
Questions about BEST? Contact the BEST president, Kristi Kreiner at ContactBest@SummitSchoolaz.org
To volunteer for any BEST activity or to learn more about volunteering, email our volunteer coordinator at: VolunteerCoordinator@SummitSchoolaz.org
All of the events and programs sponsored by BEST enhance the experience for Summit students, staff and parents. Events and programs include:
- Visiting authors, artists, musicians and dance groups
- A fall event, focused on cultural awareness
- Three book fairs that expand our family’s personal libraries and add to the 15,000 books already housed in Summit’s library or Knowledge Center.
- Staff Appreciation events including Staff Appreciation Week, Gift of Time (annual Holiday Gift Wrapping for the teachers) and quarterly staff recognition
- Family Fun Nights at local restaurants where families get together to share a meal and enjoy each other’s company
- Year End Celebrations
BEST electronically distributes a weekly newsletter, “Tuesdays are BEST”, that provides the community updates on current and upcoming school and BEST events.
BEST is governed by a board made up of Summit parents and staff. Board meetings are open to all parents and guardians of students at Summit. All are encouraged to attend and become involved. BEST sponsors many events throughout the year that are fun, educational, and build community spirit.
“Volunteers are not paid – Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” Johnnetta B. Cole
Click here to download a copy of the 2015-2016 BEST Budget.
Click here to download a copy of the BEST Bylaws.