The mission of Summit School of Ahwatukee is to foster academic excellence and the love of learning through a liberal arts education. Our community nurtures the knowledge, skills, and values essential to a responsible and rewarding life.
Summit School of Ahwatukee is a home for the active and developing minds of preschool through eighth grade students. We are a dynamic community with a culture that fosters relationships among students, teachers, parents, and alumni where:
- An innovative, integrated curriculum develops core academic knowledge and skills among all students.
- Students engage in academic experiences designed to meet personal and differentiated needs.
- A deep understanding of academic content is demonstrated through the development of global, economic, civic, health, environmental, digital, media, and informational literacy.
- Students learn the essential skills of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, communication, problem solving, leadership skills, and collaboration necessary for success in today’s world.
- Students cultivate important character skills that include self-discipline, integrity, and resilience, while developing mutual respect for others and their world.
- Community partnerships and community service are embedded in the school curriculum and environment.
- Students utilize the latest technology for advanced learning and problem solving.
- An exceptional, professional faculty shares their knowledge and takes part in relevant and challenging learning.
Summit School of Ahwatukee provides exceptional opportunities for academic achievement, intellectual growth, artistic fulfillment, physical development, and community responsibility. The school brings together students of varied abilities and backgrounds; faculty and staff with expertise in their disciplines and child development, an integrated thematic curriculum that embraces liberal arts and sciences, fine arts and athletics, and a commitment to socio-economic, racial, and ethnic diversity.
- Maintaining a low student-teacher ratio.
- Providing a strong skill-based curriculum that is meaningful and relevant.
- Adopting high standards for academic excellence.
- Implementing cooperative learning.
- Integrating foreign language, science, music, art, technology, and physical education into the curriculum.
- Teaching the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learner.
- Respecting individual differences.
- Being consistent and fair.
- Setting high standards for behavior.
- Creating a rich, nurturing learning environment which is safe and secure.
- Working closely with parents as partners to set and achieve goals for their children.
- Communicating openly and honestly.
- Fostering creativity.
- Working closely with our parent organization.
Summit School of Ahwatukee is a private school, celebrating its 15th year of inspiring and educating tomorrow’s leaders. The Phoenix Preschool is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Elementary and Middle School are Nationally Accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), a division of AdvancED®. Approximately 350 students from Chandler, Tempe, Ocotillo, Gilbert, Ahwatukee and Phoenix join us each year.
Summit School of Ahwatukee was founded in January 2001 as a non‐profit, private, independent school. The founders of the school envisioned a school community where students would attain academic excellence while respecting individual achievement and diversity. Our school has flourished over the years and has gained a reputation for being a very strong private independent school supported by a highly‐involved parent community.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees acts as an advisory board and has been entrusted with the long-term health, stability, and viability of Summit School of Ahwatukee.
The Board receives no compensation and is composed of dedicated parents, founders, the head of school, a teacher representative, and the BEST board president. The Board of Trustees is responsible for establishment of policy, the appointment of the head of school, and the preservation of the school’s mission, finances, facilities, and programs.
Members work in concert to make decisions in the best interests of the school through the following standing and Adhoc committees: Executive, Compensation & Review, Financial Assistance, Strategic Planning, Finance, Tuition, Nominating, Development, and Communication.
Our faculty embody the character, experience, passion for teaching, and overall excellence that makes Summit School of Ahwatukee one of the premier private schools in Arizona.
Summit School of Ahwatukee is nestled in the Ahwatukee Foothills in Phoenix.
Phone: (480) 403-9500
Toll Free: 1-866-713-8102
Fax: (480) 403-9599
4515 East Muirwood Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85048