Campus and History
- Summit School of Ahwatukee was established in 2001.
- The Summit School of Ahwatukee campus is located on six and one half acres, nestled in the community of Ahwatukee, in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The cities of Chandler and Tempe are minutes away.
- Facilities include spacious classrooms equipped with SMART boards, two science labs, two art studios, a large library, two technology labs, a music room, a playground dedicated to preschool, a community playground, sport court and playing field for elementary and middle school, multi-purpose room, and laptop carts which are available for one-on-one use in the classroom.
- Preschool is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Elementary and Middle School are Nationally Accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), a division of AdvancED®.
- We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
The mission of Summit School of Ahwatukee is to foster academic excellence and the love of learning through a liberal arts education. Our community nurtures the knowledge, skills, and values essential to a responsible and rewarding life.
Summit School of Ahwatukee was founded in January 2001 as a non‐profit, private, independent school. The founders of the school envisioned a school community where students would attain academic excellence while respecting individual achievement and diversity. Our school has flourished over the years and has gained a reputation for being a very strong private independent school supported by a highly‐involved parent community.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees acts as an advisory board and has been entrusted with the long-term health, stability, and viability of Summit School of Ahwatukee.
The Board receives no compensation and is composed of dedicated parents, founders, the head of school, a teacher representative, and the BEST board president. The Board of Trustees is responsible for establishment of policy, the appointment of the head of school, and the preservation of the school’s mission, finances, facilities, and programs.
Members work in concert to make decisions in the best interests of the school through the following standing and Adhoc committees: Executive, Compensation & Review, Financial Assistance, Strategic Planning, Finance, Tuition, Nominating, Development, and Communication.
Our faculty embody the character, experience, passion for teaching, and overall excellence that makes Summit School of Ahwatukee one of the premier private schools in Arizona.
Summit School of Ahwatukee is nestled in the Ahwatukee Foothills in Phoenix.
Phone: (480) 403-9500
Toll Free: 1-866-713-8102
Fax: (480) 403-9599
4515 East Muirwood Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85048